Issues with SCENE releases

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
I wanted to make a topic where we can discuss / inform others of issues with current releases. Not trying to make an archive of issues with OLD releases.

Let start with this FLAC from earlier:
VA-Energy_Rush_Xtermin8-(DINCD84)-CD-FLAC-1994-OCCiPiTAL
https://scnlog.me/music/VA-Energy_Rush_Xtermin8-(DINCD84)-CD-FLAC-1994-OCCiPiTAL/

So let's see what's going on.

NFO claims it is
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Tracks are labeled that way but when you listen to them you notice that the duration is wrong and they are not those tracks.
The CD they ripped is the one in their picture, it's

So they bought it with the wrong CD inside or somehow mixed up the disc and did not notice it while ripping (strange cause EAC will search the online DB for matches).
So the entire release is garbage as it's a totally different CD.

And to remind everyone again, all CiN_INT releases are UPSCALED.
They are "ripped" from low bitrate sources like Youtube and other streaming sites and then converted to 320kbps mp3.
So they falsely claim to be 320 when they are often 160 or 128 kbps (spectrum analyzer will show this).
From their NFO: Encoder : Itunes 12.9.2.5 <- RED FLAG right there that this is amateur hour garbage.
Unsure why they have not been scene banned. I guess releasing as _INT allows you to get away with anything these days.

Got any more recent ones, please share.

Zekas

Appreciation score
NFO claims it is

Tracks are labeled that way but when you listen to them you notice that the duration is wrong and they are not those tracks.
The CD they ripped is the one in their picture, it's

So they bought it with the wrong CD inside or somehow mixed up the disc and did not notice it while ripping (strange cause EAC will search the online DB for matches).
So the entire release is garbage as it's a totally different CD.
Not even a single network nuked it? man Sheep, SheepNET und Gotmilk would had nuked it in the past to oblivion.
What i can think of that they had the tracks sitting on their hdd from FLAC releases or their own releases and did now a custom release of their own that it should be this Sampler.

I don't think that discog has a wrong information about it.

kloau

Appreciation score
I have another one don't know if anybody interests but "Inside.Greenpeace.S01E04.GERMAN.DL.DOKU.1080p.WEB.h264-RUBBiSH" looks washed out like wrong HDR but rest episodes don't have hdr or anything and looks okay. only episode four looks colored wrong.

_mana

Appreciation score
Hello, i found one cracking (gaps) track in this release:

Cowboy_Junkies-Notes_Falling_Slow-(Boxset)-4CD-2015-404

any chance to fix it?

uglyman

LEGEND
Appreciation score
I found one too

Hugo_Montenegro-The_Best_Of-2000-SER\07-the_silencers-ser.mp3

That is track 6. Don't know who stuffed up, could be the studio

_mana

Appreciation score
ok, thank you uglyman. yes, it is older release, but not much. about 5 years maybe... so maybe someone do the PROPER RIP later.
by the way your Hugo_Montenegro-The_Best_Of-2000-SER is old realease too, right?

uglyman

LEGEND
Appreciation score
Found another

Ludwig_Van_Beethoven-Complete_Edition-86CD-FLAC-2013-UMT
Ludwig_Van_Beethoven-Complete_Edition-86CD-2013-UMT

According to wikipedia and some other sources, opus 119, number 6 is supposed to be andante-allegretto
I have other tracks which are correct like that
Source:

On discogs it is only the andante which goes for 30 seconds
The UMT releases only go for 30 seconds as well but are labelled as andante-allegretto
number 7 on the UMT release is the allegretto but is labelled as allegro ma non troppo
Source:

The studio stuffed up with the split track, and either 1. the ripper stuffed up with misinformation about number 6, or 2. the label on discogs is wrong. Either way the studio is to blame

samaddy

Generous
Appreciation score
Bicep-CHROMA_001-(CHROMADNL001)-SINGLE-16BIT-WEB-FLAC-2024-AFO

Has a short stop at 1:46 & 3:36 that's not part of the original song. Hope someone propers this. :/

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
Update on the CiN_INT saga, some of their newer releases are not upscaled, but others still are.
It's a hit and miss with them.

vgallotti

Appreciation score
I noticed recent TRIPEL releases (FLEMISH) only have the first line of subtitles and thus missing the second line.
Very annoying..

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
I noticed recent TRIPEL releases (FLEMISH) only have the first line of subtitles and thus missing the second line.
Very annoying..

Which is ironic as -TRIPEL recently PROPERED -WESTVLETEREN for: "non-forced subs set as default"
But they don't check their own subs ? LOL

vgallotti

Appreciation score
Which is ironic as -TRIPEL recently PROPERED -WESTVLETEREN for: "non-forced subs set as default"
But they don't check their own subs ? LOL
I was mistaken, just watched a recent MERCATOR release and it's their releases where subtitles are scuffed up.

vgallotti

Appreciation score
I found a problem with a recent TRIPEL release
They just released Moordzaken.Levenslang.S01E05.FLEMISH.1080p.WEB.h264-TRIPEL
but this is a dupe of Moordzaken.Levenslang.S01E02.FLEMISH.1080p.WEB.h264-TRIPEL
This was probably caused by a change in schedule of the programme, so now they are in fact missing the real episode 2

JessicaRabid

LEGEND
Appreciation score
The_Rat_Pack-Live_and_Swingin_The_Ultimate_Rat_Pack_Collection-16BIT-WEB-FLAC-2003-OBZEN

I thought 64 MB in 25 files was very suspicious, just checked and every track cuts off at 30 second mark.

Top Bottom