Site Feedback

HoodieWeather

Generous
Appreciation score
love to know what bot is being used.. like one if I decide to get a forum, site.

Palinkat

Generous
Appreciation score
NSW section is stuck again.
Are other sections stuck too?

Last edited:

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
MP3 section appears to be 5 days behind now (from PRE times). BAD!
FLAC section about 30 mins behind PRE times = good.

• Sad
Reactions: PHF

SBRNB

LEGEND
Appreciation score
@admin,

FLAC isn't uploaded to ddownload from saturday on and the ddownload links for MP3 are all 'File Not Found' as of yesterday. Shortly after https://scnlog.me/music/killy_shoot_x_onaje_jordan-knowledge_born-web-2022-ftd/ The ddownload links after have All a missing random number/letters after
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
jphan3vsrarm/Killy_Shoot_x_Onaje_Jordan-Knowledge_Born-WEB-2022-FTD.rar and are all replaced by /undef/

Example: https://scnlog.me/music/sebastiano_effe-they__whom_the_gods_want_to_destroy-7vv020-web-2024-babas/
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
undef/Sebastiano_Effe-They__Whom_The_Gods_Want_To_Destroy-(7VV020)-WEB-2024-BABAS.rar

Probably the files are uploaded to ddownload, but something went wrong when creating the links.

Matteo

Appreciation score
the situation of the singles with EGG tags is truly incredible, not many files are uploaded, I make the request in the section correctly but why does all this happen? I can't understand it? And the situation on other beaches is even worse, they actually skip them, it's not really a pleasant situation. This also happens with other tags like idc ZzZz

PHF

Appreciation score
mp3 section at turtle speed again with an almost 3 days time delay...
it was okish for a week, then it all went wrong again.
this slow daily trickle feels so akward :-/, it's almost like waiting for a bus in Rome
i'm honestly asking isn't there any way at all to fix and avoid these mammouth delays in 2024?

dKNZ

LEGEND
Appreciation score
mp3 section at turtle speed again with an almost 3 days time delay...
it was okish for a week, then it all went wrong again.
this slow daily trickle feels so akward :-/, it's almost like waiting for a bus in Rome
i'm honestly asking isn't there any way at all to fix and avoid these mammouth delays in 2024?
sadly, no, there is not.

• Sad

PHF

Appreciation score
sadly, no, there is not.

not even switching to more reliable bots?
it's harrowing... feels like watching a frail kid being left behind in a race where everyone else is running wild.
Outside the scene people get stuff 1 day early, scene collectors get releases 1 week later... it's so awkward
it wouldn't be surprising if it was 2009, but it's 2024! lol

aGGyunit

Staff member
Appreciation score
It's free, what did you expect?
Are you going to pay for more reliable bots?
Nobody knows the source of the bot(s) and the admin is most likely not going to disclose that to protect the sources.

Like I have said previously, I don't think the bots are the problem, it's the source.

You want stuff fast? Get usenet+indexer, proper torrent site, good DC++ hub ...

Last edited:

PHF

Appreciation score
It might be the sources as you say, but I think it might be something else: the now defunct musicscn site (or something, don't recall the right name) weirdly did not skip releases while it was online, and the pre time had no delay, even when scnlog was struggling with days of delay.
As for scnlog.me being a free site, I actually don't think it completely is one, considering the amount of ads that comes with it.
Which is OK at this point, but I wouldn't consider this resource as a completely free one.
Advertisement and pop ups can be by all means considered a contribution from visitors.
And if people are contributing I think it's understandable they're wondering what's going on 😉

And thanks for the torrent hint, but I've done that for years and frankly I wouldn't go back to that system again.
Filling up my pc with gb of files I was not interested in in order to keep a decent ratio that allowed me to DL a couple of mp3 release once in a while was pretty crazy.
That system sadly did not work at all for me, the amount of time and space wasted was just not worth it.

But on the overall I guess you're right, there's not much we can do, we just have to resign ourselves and go on while it lasts.

airtas

Appreciation score
Both....but thanks for answering!
Seems like there might just be a delay on the main forum.

Top Bottom